Water is a colorless, odorless and tasteless liquid, representing two thirds of our body, is the drink par excellence and our main source of hydration. Know its applications.
Water is the main component of our body, representing two-thirds of it. At birth, approximately 75% of our body is water and in adulthood this percentage decreases to about 60%.
It is a colorless, odorless and tasteless liquid, being the quintessential drink. Many functions in our body, from regulating the temperature to its involvement in numerous metabolic processes.
Water functions in the body
We can distinguish different water features, among which are the following:
- It is responsible for transporting nutrients into the cells, while helping to remove these waste products.
- Participates in the digestion of nutrients.
- Aid dissolution there of with digestion by hydrolysis.
- Involved in volume and shape to the cells. Because water inside them giving exerts pressure properly.
- Avoid rubbing in the joints.
- It maintains body temperature by sweating.
- It is the liquid medium where are dissolved all body fluids such as blood, urine, feces, digestive secretions, and so on.